

The idea that I brought to class wasn’t a finished piece. I looked at the pictures I took at the water treatment plant and, after studying the colors, lines, and reoccurring shapes in the group, I decided that these elements needed to become a part of my final project. I would like to use printmaking at my chosen medium because I think this will allow me to still capture the crisp shapes and lines in the photographs while giving me the freedom to layer and play with the colors from the original photographs as well. I don’t have any designs mocked up yet but I would like to keep an open mind as to how much color I’m going to include and whether or not several layers of prints need to be a part of the piece. I just don’t want to commit to using several different elements from the photos and then having the piece clash and be overwhelmed by them. So far I’m very inspired by the patterns of the churning water and the light patterns on the buildings.
No comments:
Post a Comment